Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wedding Season


 I've been doing a little crafting for my friend's wedding this October. This is the ring bearer's pillow. (Ben is the ring bearer. I can't wait to see him in a tiny tux!) The project idea came from The DIY Bride.


 We made some modifications to the original concept, such as using silk flowers instead of real ones. Also, the original is all stephanotis flowers. Her pillow is mostly cream Phalaenopsis orchids, with the spaces filled in with small white hyacinth flowers. I think the result is so pretty! It's frilly and girly, yet still modern and elegant.


The rings, by the way, are mine and will mostly likely be the only real rings this pillow will hold. There's no way I'm going to trust my almost two year old with theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment